Earth Day 2021: “Beauty for you. Beauty for the planet.”
Our motto at Kaia Earth Skin Care is “Beauty for you. Beauty for the planet,” and one of our pillars is educating our customers on prioritizing health and our global responsibilities.
Mental, physical and spiritual health are important topics for us, especially with the COVID-19 pandemic impacting many people over the past year, both physically and mentally. The last 13 months have been taxing on all of us. But we’re here to help.
One way you can put your health first is by evaluating the products that you use, particularly what you put on your skin. Our skin is the body’s largest organ, so it should be cared for appropriately.
Our Intensive Botanical Night Cream and Pure Moisturizer Serum are here to support your skin health, providing moisture with ingredients from our planet (including, but not limited to, aloe leaf extract, olive fruit oil, rosewood oil, macadamia seed oil, and rose water). There are zero chemicals, parabens, toxins, synthetic fragrances, or ingredients that will harm your skin or the environment. Our products are vegan and cruelty free and always will be.
Physical, mental, and spiritual health are all intertwined, so if you’re looking for ways to improve in these three areas, here are some suggestions:
- Stay hydrated. It is recommended that you take your weight, cut it in half, and that number is how many ounces of water you should be drinking per day.
- Incorporate more whole foods into your diet. Avoid pre-packaged items and sugary or salty snacks, and instead load up on fruits, vegetables, nuts, lean meats, and whole grains.
- Journal. This is a great way to de-stress and dump all of your thoughts/worries/fears onto paper. You may think it won’t help, but physically writing down what you’re ruminating on can relieve that pressure from circling around in your mind.
- Listen to music. Playing your favorite song or artist can be a huge mood boost.
- Get outside. Fresh air is cleansing for the mind, body, and spirit. Being cooped up indoors all of the time can create cobwebs in your mind, but taking a deep breath in the outdoors is like a reset button for the soul.
As for our precious planet, we’ve kept the Earth in mind throughout every process within our business. For instance, we package our products in recycled glass, an environmentally friendly alternative option from plastic. We strive to use as little resources as possible, and make sure all of our packaging is recyclable to protect the environment. And we are part of the 1% for the Planet program, which means 1% of our profits are donated to nonprofit organizations that work to preserve our planet.
This year’s theme for Earth Day is “Restore Our Earth.” Things are slowly returning to “normal,” or at least what will be our new normal, but we must still take action in protecting the planet we live on. Recycle as much as possible, reduce your amount of driving if possible to reduce emissions, eliminate as much plastic consumption as you can by paying attention to all of your purchases, and avoid wasting water are all ways you can step in right now to help our planet.
As stated on the Earth Day website, “A healthy planet is not an option — it is a necessity.”